1 quart of water
2 large slices of pink grapefruit
1 med. orange sliced
- Put all ingredients into a container and allow to infuse over night.
1\2 c. frozen strawberries
1\4 tsp. cinnamon
1 lime juiced
1 quart of the infused water (above)
- Put all ingredients into blender and blend until everything is completely blended.
- Pour desired amount into your glass and enjoy it cold!
- Take a cup of the Summer drink, juice of one lemon, and put in blender with about 2 c. of ice and blend till smooth. Enjoy it as a slush!!!
- Pour the summer drink into pop-sicle molds and allow to freeze and enjoy a cold treat!!
Simple Granola with my own little random twists!! Super food and super healthy!
4 c. oats (I used steel cut)
1/2 c. almond slivers
1/2 c. pumpkin seeds
1/2 c. puff rice cereal
1/2 c. cacao nibs
1 tb. cinnamon
1/4 c. melted butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c. syrup or honey
- Mix everything together in a bowl
- Pour out on a baking sheet and spread out to an evenly thin covering
- Put baking sheet into the oven at 350 and cook for 30 mins
- After its done, let cool
- Break up granola and put into a container to store or eat fresh!
Goes great with yogurt or desserts!!
These muffins are the perfect way to hide healthy inside of a yummy delight! You can use pretty much any veggie or fruit you’d like in these muffins but this is my take on it!
2 c. North by Southwest granola
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 TB. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. clove
1/2 tsp. pink Himalayan Salt
3/4 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs, beat
1/2 c. buttermilk
1 c. grated or finely chopped carrots
1 large green apple, cut into medium sized chunks
2 c. frozen blueberries
This makes about 12 big muffins and 6 mini muffins, but you can add or take away as you please.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 f.
- Line muffin tin with papers liners (or make sure the tins are very well oiled)
- In a big bowl mix together: granola, whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, clove, cinnamon, salt, allspice.
- In a separate bowl combine: vegetable oil, maple syrup, vanilla, eggs, buttermilk, carrots, apple.
- Combine both wet and dry ingredients and mix until everything is thoroughly dispersed.
- Fold frozen blueberries into the mix.
- Divide mix into the muffin tins as desired.
- Put in oven at 375 for 30-35 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Once done, allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy warm!!
- (You could freeze these up till 1 month)
Granola is soooo easy to make i never buy it anymore! Goes great with yogurt or trail mix or even just by itself!!! Here is the recipe for granola.
Quick Cacao Nib Granola
4 c. Oats (steel cut)
1/2 c. Almonds (slivered)
1/2 c. pumpkin seeds (roasted)
1/2 c. puff rice cereal
1/2 c. Cacao nibs
1 Tb of cinnamon
1/4 c. Melted butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla flavoring
1/4 c. Agave syrup
- Mix everything in a bowl together.
- Pour out on a baking sheet and spread out to evenly thin on the sheet.
- Put in oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Then break up granola and put into your desired container for storage.
- Use on everything or eat by itself!!!
1 box of brownie mix (and the ingredients used for that box)
2 boxes of Jello Chocolate Pudding (ingredients needed to make it as well)
2 c. whipping cream
1 tb. sugar (I use raw sugar)
1 tb. Vanilla Flavoring
2 tb. Cinnamon
1 c. slivered almonds
1\2 Brookside Salted Almond Dark Chocolate bar
- Make brownies according to box instructions
- Once brownies are cooked, set aside to cool. ( I put them in the fridge to cool more quickly after they have become room temperature)
- Make pudding according to package instructions
- When pudding is made, leave pudding in the one bowl and set in the fridge to cool and thicken
- Add whipping cream, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla into a mixing bowl and whip on high speed for about a minute and a half or until medium peaks form.
- When whipped cream is made, leave in mixing bowl and put into fridge to set up and to keep cool.
- After about half an hour all of the food should be cold enough to put together.
- Bring out a large decorative serving bowl ( I used a Trifle bowl I got from Walmart for 12 bucks)
- Layer first 1\3 of the brownies on the bottom of the bowl
- Next add 1\3 of the pudding mix on top of the brownies
- Add 1\3 of the whipped cream on top of pudding
- Sprinkle 1\3 c. of the almonds on top of the whipped cream
- Repeat steps 9 through 12 two more times, until all of the brownies, pudding, whipped cream and almonds are used.
- On a cutting board, chop up the 1\2 chocolate bar into small little chunks
- Sprinkle chocolate bar pieces on top of the last layer of whipped cream.
- You can either serve it immediately or put in fridge for a couple hours if needed until ready to serve!